Lunar New Year is next week and my family likes to celebrate the end of the year by inviting friends and family for a feast. Basically, saying thank you for a great year. My parents like to get a whole roasted pig and other festive food to share. My mom asked me to make my mini pecan tarts. Random item but these were gone in minutes. I found this recipe online and made it the first time over the holiday break.
I’m not a baker but this is the easiest tarts that I’ve ever made and it’s delicious.
1 cup butter, cut in small chunks
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
- To Make Pastry:
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Make into 48 balls; place one ball in each cup of a mini tart pan.
- Use your fingers or a tart tamper to press out into a tart shell.
- To Make Filling:
- Break the eggs.
- Add sugar, melted butter, salt, vanilla and pecans.
- Mix well.
- Fill the tart shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 30 minutes.