Can’t believe we are already in the month of June! This year has flew by so fast! June is also my birthday month! Yay! Big milestone birthday yikes! I have a few more weeks to enjoy my twenties. Sigh. Anyways…Chicago weather has been so weird. It was super hot and humid one day and super cold the next day! I was really craving for some soup and decided to make some of Thai Red Curry Soup.
Ingredients: (1 Serving)
- 4 – 6 oz coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Bamboo shoots
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of Thai red curry paste (At most Asian Stores)
- Choice of sliced meat (I used Shrimp and Chicken)
- Thai Basil
- Bell peppers, julienne
- 1 tbsp Evaporated milk
- Add fish sauce, salt, sugar and coconut milk in a sauce pan on medium high heat
- Incorporate the red curry paste to the coconut milk
- Add your preference of meat and cook half way through
- Add chicken broth and bamboo shoot
- Stir until meat is fully cooked
- Add evaporated milk bring to a boil
- Pour into a bowl
- Garnish with Thai Basil and bell peppers.
- Serve with either White Rice or Rice Vermicelli Noodles
I like to dilute my red curry because coconut milk sometime is just too thick for my liking. Hence soup. LOL There’s some heat to this soup but it’s great on cold days. Where’s summer?? Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!