When my nephews are over the house I love making simple snacks for them to eat. I just recently bought some strawberries and decided to make some Peanut Butter French Toast topped with strawberries.
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 8 slices bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Confectioners sugar (optional)
- Coat strawberries with 2 tbsp of sugar in a bowl. Set a side
- In a separate bowl or baking pan, whisk together eggs, the remaining 2 tbsp sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Make 4 peanut butter sandwiches
- Heat a large pan or skillet on medium high heat. Add a tbsp of butter (use more if necessary). Dip one sandwich both side in the egg mixture and add to skillet. Cook each side until golden.
- Transfer to a plate. Top with strawberries and confectioners sugar if desired.