Hello all! We were recently nominated by Jen from Dorkchops for this award, check out her answers here. Thanks so much Jen for this nomination and if you haven’t checked her out please do because she is always one of my favorite reads for beauty products and now fashion ❤
Rules for the award:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Me
1) I love getting scared and scaring other people 🙂 I watch ghost shows and scary movies all the time and when I see a ghost tour I immediately sign us for it.
2) I love wine tastings with cheese and am super excited to be going to one this Wednesday with Dan. Our cousin is in town and while he stays with us we are taking advantage of a free babysitter lol
3) I am very much a morning person and despise afternoons. I am ok with evenings but I think I just do not like the foods of lunch. I love eating and breakfast food is my favorite while I always rather eat a big snack than actual lunch food in the afternoon.
4) If fast food wasn’t so bad for you I would eat Wendy’s everyday!! Sadly Dan does not enjoy fast food as much as me and is a big advocate on healthy living and eating so I rarely get it. When I visit home though I am always eating all the things I don’t get to eat in MN. Watch out Wendy’s I am coming for you in a couple of weeks and will be singing “yummy yummy yummy in my tummy” as I stuff a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger in my mouth.
5) I can rewatch movies a million times and never get bored of them. It is weird because even though I have seen a movie a million times I will still cry at the same emotional parts and still laugh so hard at the same jokes. It is like my brain erases the memory but I do remember 🙂
6) I love Lucille Ball!!! Her various shows I own all on blu-ray and DVD. She always makes me feel better and her crazy wacky ideas are certainly things I either have done or see myself doing 🙂
7) I love doing laundry and washing dishes, basically anything with water is heaven for me but get me near a broom, vacuum, or duster and suddenly I have a “headache coming” and avoid them like the plague. Thankfully Dylan picks up my slack and we make a great team! Although he is forced to do them as chores lolol but gets compensated nicely biweekly for doing a great job.
8) I love drinking Sparkling Water, all flavors are delicious but favorites are plain or Lemon
9) My favorite period in America is the Gilded Age aka late 19th Century. Whenever I see a show or a book of that period I immediately watch, buy, or rent it. At a young age I loved reading about the “robber barons” aka John D Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Jay Gould, J.P. Morgan, and Cornelius Vanderbilt were some of my early heroes.
10) I still take my vitamins in gummy form lololol
11) In July we are traveling to Spain. Barcelona and Madrid are a definite yes and maybe Pamplona for the running of the bull. I know it is super gory but I grew up reading and loving Hemingway and must see for myself why he loved bull running so much.
- Do you have any piercings and tattoos? What kind and where are they located? If you don’t, do you want any?
- If you could be reborn as any animal, which animal would you choose to be and why?
- What is your most embarrassing moment/story?
- What kind of food/ingredients do you absolutely adore and what do you refuse to eat?
- What is your special, unique talent?
- What is the last thing you made (e.g. DIYs, food, clothing etc.)?
- What is your go-to night out makeup look?
- Who is your favourite actor/actress and what movie that they starred in is your favourite?
- Who is your style icon and where do you seek fashion inspiration?
- What is your number one health tip that you swear by?
- Which year of your life has been the best and why?
1) I only have my ears pierced and is it weird I never really cared to have anything else pierced or tattooed? I do love fake tattoos and plaster those babies all over my body when Dylan gets one I do too but I am not a fan of something permanent. My likes change a lot so I can only say thank goodness I never got anything tattooed because I know I would be getting it professional removed by now lol
2) Stingrays and Seahorses are my favorite but I think I would choose a seahorse. The male carries the babies and that sounds amazing to me lololol
3) I have tons of throw up stories and constantly embarrass myself. It was always funny to me when someone else tried to embarrass me to be jerks, it never did because I always did something worse to myself. I have so many examples but one of my favorites is in high school my mom used to drop me off super early at school think like 6am. I would walk to the grocery store right next to our school sometimes get a coffee and a sweet bread but this particular day I changed up things and got apple juice and a blueberry muffin. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I ate my breakfast and just as I was walking to my second period class I felt super sick. I tried to run to the nearest bathroom but hallways were of course crowded that I threw up in the hallway running to the bathroom. I didn’t miss a beat and kept walking to the bathroom liking nothing happened. No one noticed!!!! I ended up throwing up some more in the bathroom and after I cleaned myself and walked back out I heard people say “ew gross I just stepped in throw up” I laughed while feeling mortified and turning red. I calmed down after I made it to my class and felt much better I didn’t need to go to the nurses office.
4) I love all food and will eat anything in front of me especially if I am a guest at someone’s home, the only thing I can’t/won’t eat is anything spicy. I get the worst heartburn that lasts for days 😦
5) I can’t really think of a unique talent, maybe my sense of being able to predict when something bad is about to happen. It came in handy when I was in my crazy party years and avoided the police but in reality I always pay close attention to people. I have my Masters in Cultural Anthropology and a big part of why I chose anthro was because I love studying people. I was always the wallflower just observing and watching people so my senses always peaked when someone was scared or angry. I am bad and just usually run away rather than warn others I mean I don’t want to start a melee or a stampede running eek lolololol
6) Last thing I made was an Easter card for my brother. I have been terrible at my crafts lately and so card making is all I am doing at the moment. I do hope to change that up soon.
7) My go-to night makeup, is usually darker eyeshadow and bright lipstick. I love my Color Pop Meow on my lids and on my lips either MAC Ruby Woo or Girl About Town for the night 🙂
8) I have way too many favorite movie stars but one of favorites is Charlie Chaplin in City Lights. AHHHHHH love that movie but Grace Kelly in Rear Window is another favorite. I am excited they are showing Rear Window in movie theaters across the nation March 22 and March 25. Yes I already bought our tickets to go ❤
9) Hmmm style icon, that is hard. Again I love all the old fashion and dream of owning a Don Loper Dress and Grace Kelly’s entire wardrobe. I am sure I am influenced daily from everything I watch but since I am not as interested in fashion as I am in makeup my clothes are really simple and my favorite thing to wear is a white tshirt and a pair of jeans or in the summer a plain dress and sandals.
10) Sunscreen! At least SPF 30, I lather that thing on every morning even if I am not planning on staying out in the sun. The boys also apply it everyday and that makes me super happy 🙂
11) I always feel every year is the best of my life! I didn’t grow up with the happiest childhood so now that I am older I constantly pinch myself thinking “is this real?” My happiness didn’t rely on finding a man or Dan but it certainly helped. I have my beautiful and wonderful son growing older and so smart and I have my best friend at my side. I get to travel way more than I ever imagined and I can honestly say I am happy every day. I sometimes wish I could go back and hug my younger self as she cried and tell her all the pain and loneliness was worth it to end up where I am now. I look forward to this year and every year of my life. I certainly count my blessings and never take anything for granted.
This was such a fun post! I, as always stink at tagging people but feel free to do this tag and answer Jen’s questions because they were great questions 🙂