Pad Siew…pad see ew…however you want to spell it..this dish is delicious! My mom will make this for me time to time and here’s my version of her recipe.
- 1 lb of fresh flat rice noodles, cut in 1″ wide
- Chinese broccoli, stems cut in halves and stalk cut 2″ long
- Choice of meat
- 1 tbsp of dark sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped or roasted garlic
- 1 tsp of soya beans
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of white ground pepper
- Boil a pot of water, blanch the flat rice noodles. Same pot blanch the Chinese broccoli.
- Heat a wok on high heat.
- Add oil and garlic
- Add choice of meat and cook till half done
- Toss in the rice noodles and stir
- Add dark sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, white pepper and soya beans.
- Stir well
- Make a center hole in the middle of the wok and crack an egg. Scramble the egg
- Add Chinese broccoli
- Mix well