Hope everyone had a great weekend! It’s seriously Chiberia here. We accumulated more than 19 inches of snow in Chicago. My parents decided to closed their business because of the snow and I got to stay at home to watch the Super Bowl 🏈 First time playing Super Bowl Square with my coworkers and my square won twice for 2nd and 3rd quarters! What are the chances?! Lol not sure how much I won but half of the money goes to charity which is the only reason why I participated. Here’s a picture of my backyard.
Since we were stuck in the house, I raid my fridge to see what I could make. Glad I went shopping last week and had enough ingredient to make a pasta dish – Baked Ziti.
- 1 lb of ziti pastas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 jars (26 oz) marinara sauce – Check out how I enhance marinara sauce here!
- 6 – 8 oz of provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 – 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salt water to a boil. Add ziti pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat. Add both jars of marinara sauce and simmered for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9″X13″ baking dish.
- Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Oil a sheet of aluminum foil and cover dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.