Yesterday Jo nominated people and thought up of some great questions so I will just share random facts about me and answer Stephanie’s questions. We were nominated by the fun and always a pleasure to read Stephie Estie so check her out if you haven’t already 🙂
5 Random Facts About Myself
1) Before moving to Minnesota I never would have considered myself an outdoorsy type of person and I never dreamed I would live in a suburb. My do the times change because I love walking on the trails while my husband runs and son bikes alongside him. I love the simplicity and space of living in a suburb but still miss the convenience of riding the train and bus.
2) I miss trains and buses so much because I tend to fall asleep driving. EEEKKKKKK, I mean I can last in the car if I am talking to someone, but if alone I will knock out if I have to drive more than an hour. Yes I am slightly Narcoleptic and all my friends can attest to the fact I can fall asleep anywhere, standing up, sitting down, driving, etc. I mean everywhere!!! No fear I rarely drive so people on the road and in the car with me are safe.
3) I am scared of a lot of things, but I never let fear stop me and in fact it only pushes me to try new things. An example, I do not know how to swim, but with a life vest on I have jumped off of cliffs, zip lined across bodies of water, snorkeled, I mean a life vest makes me feel invincible, but I hope to learn how to swim this year.
4) I love love candy! I always have some in my purse and love trying candy from around the world. I eat so much sugar, I know it is bad for you but I cannot resist. I have cut back a lot of candy and sugar from my daily diet, but if offered dessert I never turn it down. Dan constantly teases me how I can get “full” from eating dinner aka real food, but never get full of sweets. This holiday season I ate way more than ever. I eat desserts slowly to enjoy each bite, but always go back for fourths or fifths.
5) I am filled with “useless” knowledge that makes me great in trivia lol and because of this I am currently addicted to Trivia Crack. I even made Reify join so I could keep playing and got her addicted too lolol
Questions from Stephanie
1. What inspired you to write your blog?
I have always wanted to start one, but was always just too lazy to start one. When I suggested to Jo that we should start one she created one and gave me that push I needed. I have become obsessed with it and I love just being able to share random thoughts and finding like minded people
2. If you could pick one high end makeup brand to try, which one would it be and why?
I have been dying to try Tom Ford’s boy lipsticks, but was on a spending freeze in December. Now that January hit I was on my way to buy my first Tom Ford lipstick when I got distracted and instead bought something else which I will post about later. I need some Tom Ford in my life after seeing so many bloggers write about the lipsticks and I LOVE lipsticks so why I haven’t tried TF is beyond me, but I blame NARS Audacious Lipsticks for keeping me too focused on them lol
3. What do you hope to accomplish in 2015?
I want to explore Minnesota more, an example I have yet to find a great Asian Restaurant or things to do when we have visitors. I mean I have a handful of things, but really I know I haven’t explored everything this great state has to offer. It is freezing out currently but even then there is so many outdoor things we can do that we don’t take advantage of so I want to do a lot more touristy things and get to know my current home.
4. What is one staple item you couldn’t live without?
Chapstick! I hate chapped, dry lips and I constantly reapply throughout the whole day. I can’t live without it!!!!
5. What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
Before moving to Minnesota like Josie I had 1 full time job and 1 on/off job, but since moving here I am a stay at home mom. It is very odd since my whole life I have been working, I mean even when I was too young to legally work I would be shoveling snow or gardening anything to earn a dime. This break is weird to me and while yes I do enjoy it I need to find a job to keep me busy (another goal) or I know I will go crazy lol.
Thanks again for the nomination Stephanie 🙂